1) Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s). Screenplays submitted must not have been previously optioned, sold and/or produced. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to register their screenplay and secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted screenplay. All entrants, including the nominees and winners, retain complete and exclusive rights to their work until a contract is signed and monies are exchanged.
2) All ages are eligible, and you can submit from any country.
3) All entries must be in English.
4) We accept screenplays between 74-125 pages in length. For scripts over 125 pages, additional fees apply.
5) There is no limit to the number of screenplays an applicant may submit.
6) All entries must be uploaded in PDF format. Contact details or names are allowed to be on the title page, but not recommended.
7) All screenplays should be written in industry standard format and in Courier 12 pt. font.
8) Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) are accepted. However, additional fees will apply.
9) Competition judges, readers and employees of any Stardom Films competition, and their immediate friends and families, are NOT eligible to enter.
10) Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. Entry fees (including services fees) are non-refundable.
11) By entering The Stardom USA Competition you agree to all the rules listed. Regardless of your status (winner or 2nd or 3rd runner up nominee), please note that your script, logline and contact information may be shared with our partners and sponsors, and by submitting you agree with that. You also agree to release and hold harmless The Stardom USA Competition and its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s entry, participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prize.
The Stardom USA Script 2023 Winners and Runner ups will be announced within 90 days of the writer submissions being closed for each movie.